November Gathering 2017
November 10, 2017 to November 12, 2017
Location: 1 Ridgecrest Drive, Ridgecrest, NC 28770Category: Conference
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)
We live at a time of distraction: a multitude of voices compete for our attention; a variety of diversions seek to capture our focus. All the while, the Spirit calls us further up and farther in: the Lord invites us to greater intimacy with him and more effective participation in his mission. How do we get there? By beholding his glory – by keeping Jesus front and center in our perspective.
Join us this November for a high-impact weekend of refreshing from God’s Spirit, personal renewal, and re-focus on the mission God has given his people.
In addition to our typical high standard of Bible-teaching and spiritual ministry, we're excited to include two special seminars for pastors, leaders, parents, and grandparents, and anyone who want to understand today's generation and how to reach them with the gospel:
- Understanding the Times: How the Postmodern Movement has transformed our culture, and what this means for Christian Mission by Dr. Brian Miller
- Reaching the Next Generation: Understanding generation Y (Millennials), Generation Z (post-Millennials), and how to reach them with the love and truth of Christ by Matt Jones
This November Gathering is for our Reach Out Club, our CBU Global Partners, friends of our ministry, and everyone who wants to join our faith and resources to cross the Jordan and extend God's purposes in the next generation. There is no registration fee for this event, but we need to know who is planning to come, so be sure to REGISTER TODAY!
Our Teaching Team Includes:
Dr. Brian Miller
Dr. Brian Miller is an expert in Christian apologetics with a BS in physics from MIT and a PhD in physics from Duke University. He speaks internationally on the topics of intelligent design, the resurrection, reliability of the Gospels, and the Christian worldview.
Growing up in the CBU family, Tom has devoted most of his adult ministry years to church planting in Europe. His international work provides an interesting perspective on both Kingdom and Church. He is currently based in the UK and travels extensively in Europe, working to advance the gospel of Jesus. He and Jean have six daughters.
Carlton and Dee Baxter
Carlton and Dee Baxter are the founders of Baxter Bible Ministries. Dee, whose academic studies included anthropology, archaeology, history, and nursing, is a featured teacher at numerous churches, retreats, conferences, organizations and home groups. Carlton’s background is in Pharmacy, and together, they call people to love God’s word and be a doer of it. Dee and Carlton have been married over fifty years and have three children and five grandchildren.
Matt Jones studied youth ministry at Fuller Theological Seminary and is the youth pastor at King’s Park International Church in Durham, NC. Along with being a specialist on generations Y (millennials) and Z (post-millennials), he his wife Jessica have two daughters.
OUR HOSTS & WORSHIP LEADER
Hosts: Jim and Mary Jo Jackson
Jim is the founder of CBU and continues to provide oversight and input as we embrace God's agenda for gospel advance in the nations. He and Mary Jo met in McRae, Georgia, and have been married for 54 years. From its 1974 origins as a conference ministry to amazing mission opportunities around the world, God continues to use CBU as a catalyst for Spirit-empowered ministry.
Worship Leader: Paul Boyd
Paul has a great gift to lead people into the presence of God through Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered worship. Beautifully blending the new with old, Paul has a well-developed appreciation for the old hymns we all love and the fresh expression of what God is saying today (Matthew 13:52). As both a pastor and a worship leader, Paul has been part of the CBU family for many years and it is a delight to have him back with us for our Spring conference.
NOVEMBER GATHERING INFORMATION
Dates: November 10-12, 2017
We are excited to be back at Ridgecrest for this year's November Gathering. Neslted in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains near Black Mountain, NC, Ridgecrest has been the setting where many lives have been changed by the power of God's Spirit. (see the directions below).
- This Gathering is for the Reach Out Club, Global Partners, and friends of our ministry, and there is no registration fee. However, because we anticipate a full-house, people planning to attend need to reserve a seat at the conference by completing the regstration form available at this link. Please use the the online registration form below. Conference registration is for the conference only and does not secure housing or travel arrangements. You must register seperately for accommodation and the conference.
Online: please use this link to complete the online registration form.
The conference is at Ridgecrest: the most convenient way to enjoy the conference, the grounds, and the fellowship is to stay onsite. Here are the rates for staying at Ridgecrest:
- Single: $288/per person - King Room / $268/per person QQ Room
- Double: $179/per person - King Room / $169/per person QQ Room
- Triple: $142.67 per person - QQ room
- Quad: $129.50 per person - QQ room
All of the rates include room and meal package (two nights, six meals), and you enjoy the benefit of convenient access to the conference. To call and reserve your room, simply call 1-800-588-7222. Individual reservation deposit required is one night’s room rental. This deposit is refundable less a $10/room processing fee if canceling 60 or more days prior to arrival, one-half refundable if canceling 30-59 days prior to arrival, and non-refundable if canceling less than 30 days prior to arrival.
You can book your accommodation online here.
Friday, November 10
- 4:00pm Registration
- 7:30pm Session 1
- 9:00pm Cookie Reception
Saturday, November 11
- 9:30am Session 2
- 10:45am Session 3
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:30pm Roundtable Discussion
- 7:00pm Session 4
Sunday, November 12
- 9:30am Session 5
- 10:45 Session 6
- All messages will be recorded and made available on our website.
- Conference registration will begin at 4 pm on Friday, November 11.
- We regret that childcare is not available.
DIRECTIONS TO RIDGECREST
Ridgecrest is located 17 miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, on Interstate 40, Exit 66, approximately 30 miles from the Asheville Regional Airport and 18 miles from the Asheville Bus Station.
The drive to Ridgecrest is absolutely beautiful through the Blue Ridge Mountains.
1. From Interstate 40, take Exit 66 (Ridgecrest).
2. Turn left (if traveling east) or right (if traveling west) onto Dunsmore Avenue .2 mi
3. Turn right onto Old U.S. 70 1 mi
4. Ridgecrest is on the Left